This month we welcomed James Turner to our ranks as our new staff solicitor. He’s busy settling into the office well but we wanted to know a bit more about him and we figured you would too. So I put together a brief list of questions and James has been kind enough to answer them for us.
1. What qualifications do you have under your belt?
2. Where did you grow up?
3. Do you have any hobbies?
I teach music on Saturday mornings at Belmont Music Centre. Apart from that I like to keep fit by walking and running.
4. What is your favourite meal?
I quite enjoy Japanese food, but nothing too exotic!
5. What is your proudest achievement so far?
Being admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand.
6. If you could go anywhere without money being an obstacle, where would you go?
I would quite like to do a trip to Japan or South Korea.
7. What do you enjoy most about working at Laurent Law?
The team of people here are really nice and the work is intellectually stimulating.
8. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
A pilot when I was very young, but this later changed to a lawyer.
9. If you could have anyone round for dinner, living or deceased, who would it be?
The President of the United States.