Last week we introduced you to James but this week we’re talking to Marinda.
Marinda deals with accounts and manages the practice on a daily basis. She is a chatty, bubbly addition to our offices yet manages to get everything done on time. Something of a self-proclaimed perfectionist, Marinda is always impeccably dressed and ready to take on anything the day throws at her.
1. What qualifications do you have under your belt?
B Proc (Law). Admitted to practice law in South Africa.
2. Where did you grow up?
Johannesburg, South Africa. I’m a bit of a city girl.
3. Do you have any hobbies?
Sci-fi movies and TV shows, weight training, road running, music and reading (motivational and Christian books).
4. What is your favourite meal?
Butter chicken and more butter chicken with a side of butter chicken.
5. What is your proudest achievement so far?
Successfully migrating to New Zealand and building a new life in a new country. I absolutely believe in good financial planning. My husband and I achieved debt free status in South Africa and aim to achieve this target again in New Zealand as soon as possible. I believe that this is true freedom.
6. If you could go anywhere without money being an obstacle, where would you go?
Jerusalem. To walk the Via Dolorosa in the footsteps of Jesus. It’s on my bucket list, so I will get there soon enough.
7. What do you enjoy most about working at Laurent Law?
Every day is different and I love that.
8. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
The first female astronaut in space and then a lawyer. Or maybe both.
9. If you could have anyone round for dinner, living or deceased, who would it be?
I would love to have dinner with my deceased Mom just one more time. I never got the chance to show her our new life in New Zealand. She is an inspiration to me every day
10. What is your drink of choice?
I’m a health fantastic so not much of a drinker, but I do love strawberry milkshakes.